Here’s a delicious recipe from my crossfit friend, Buck. He’s super excited because he finally grew a man-bun, so in celebration he shared with me an amazeballs recipe for healthy, protein packed chicken to help you get mean and lean while fueling your workouts.
Give it a go. Let me know what you think.
Green Chile Chicken Recipe
- 2-1/2 to 3 lb (1134 to 1361 grams) boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1-1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3 to 4 tomatillos, husked and diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- ½ lb (227 g) Hatch chiles, diced*
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- Fresh lime wedges and chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Lay the chicken thighs into the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Sprinkle with the cumin, salt, coriander and black pepper. Toss the chicken to coat with the seasonings.
- Add the tomatillos, onion, green chiles and garlic.
- Cover the slow cooker and set on low for 5 hours.
- When the time is up, remove the lid and shred the thigh meat with two forks.
If it sounds yummy, please share the article! Everyone deserves yummy stuff in their tummmy.