Here’s The Deal.
Truly effective exercises are hard to come by.
What exercises build muscle? What exercises actually help burn fat? What exercises just make you and I look like an ass hole?
With so much fitness-craziness flying around the interwebz, it’s not all that easy to know which exercises actually work. Life is too short to waste time and energy doing workouts that don’t help you achieve your goals.
And if you’re gonna get a sick gym-outfit dirty, you bet your ass you’re gonna do it by crushing exercises that ACTUALLY PRODUCE RESULTS.
What Makes An Exercise Effective
For an exercise to be truly worth-while, it should do a couple of things:
- Involve Multiple Muscle Groups
- Promote Lean Muscle Growth
- Burn Calories (Which Burns Fat)
- Put You At Low Risk For Injury
- Make You Look Cool
Now I know there are a ton of exercise-methods to choose from, but I have found it most effective to utilize exercises that allow you to challenge yourself appropriately so that you can make consistent progress without breaking your back or blowing out your knee or dropping a bunch of weights all over the gym.
A.K.A Don’t Be This Person ↓
4 Exercises That Will Transform Your Physique
Since I created this site to put an end to ineffective fitness-nonsense, I thought it would be really sweet of me to hook you up with 4 of the best exercises that I have come across in 2015 and demonstrate them for you so that you can begin to take advantage of all of their muscle-building, fat-burning awesomeness.
Each exercise involves multiple muscle groups, promotes lean muscle growth, burns a shit-ton of calories (which burns fat), puts you at low risk of breaking your neck, and most importantly…makes you look like a total boss (actually, not breaking your neck is probz the most important, but looking cool is like a really close 2nd).
Start implementing these exercises into your workout routine now and there will be no limit to how sexily (⇽ actual word) you can sexify (⇽ not actual word) your sweet bod in 2016.
Exercise #1: Goblet Reverse Lunge-To-Step Up
1. Begin by holding a dumbbell up to your chest, grabbing it between your palms. Stand 1-2 feet away from a bench or a box
2. Perform a reverse-lunge by taking a step backward and lowering your rear knee until it is 0-2 inches from the ground
3. Step up and forward by driving through the heel of your front foot
4. As you step forward, step up onto the bench or box
5. Once your foot is on the bench, complete a step-up by driving the opposite knee up and forward.
6. Step back off of the box, and immediately transition back into a reverse lunge
7. Repeat as necessary
Perform 2-3 sets of 6-8 reps each leg
How To Modify For Beginners: Simply use your bodyweight, and don’t worry about using a weight until you have established a better baseline of strength.
- Glutes (booty)
- Hip Flexors
Exercise #2: Muscle-Burn Push Up
1. Assume the top of the push up position with your hands slightly wider than your shoulders, your legs and back straight and your core tight.
2. Lower your body slowly to the ground until your chest touches the ground
3. While on the ground, pull your hands off of the ground
4. Place your hands back on the ground, and then push yourself back up to the starting position by extending your arms
5. Immediately begin lowering yourself back down to the ground, and pause when your chest is 2-4 inches from the ground.
6. Hold this position for 5 seconds (NO CHEATING) and then push yourself back up to the top push up position
7. Exercise can also be modified by being performed from a kneeling position!
*coaching tip: your entire body should remain in a straight line throughout the exercise. As you push yourself up off of the ground, all the parts of your body should leave the ground at the same time. Dont push your chest up and then your hips and then your legs. Don’t look like you’re doing the worm. This isn’t a school dance in 2001
Perform 3 sets of 6-10 reps
How To Modify For Beginners: You can perform this exercise from your knees (see video) while you are working on building your upper body strength. This will help you become stronger while you progress toward doing the full muscle-burn push up.
Exercise #3: Table-Top Rows
1. Get on your hands and knees. Hold one dumbbell in your hand. Your knees should be directly under your hips.
2. While keeping your back flat, lift your knees up off of the ground
3. While keeping your core tight and your back flat, row the dumbbell by pulling the weight until your elbow is at the back of your rib cage.
4. Pause momentarily, and return the dumbbell to its starting position
Perform 3 sets sf 8-10 reps (each side)
How To Modify For Beginners: Simplifying this exercise is pretty simple if you are a beginner. Just use lighter weights and progressively build your way up to heavier weights as your upper body and core strength increase.
- Back (Upper)
Exercise #4: Weighted Ab Sky-Touches
1. Lay flat on your back while holding a medicine ball (can use a dumbbell or a plate as well) directly out over your chest. Anchor your feet underneath something heavy.
2. Simultaneously perform a sit up while driving the medicine ball straight upward into the air
3. Drive the med ball up until you are sitting upright and the ball is directly above your head. Pause momentarily and squeeze your tummy muscles
4. Return to the ground UNDER CONTROL
Perform 3 sets of 10-15 reps
How To Modify For Beginners: Although this exercise is very user friendly, feel free to do it without any weight if you find them to be too difficult. Although you won’t hold anything in your hands, your arms should still end up overhead at the end of the movement.
- Upper Abs
- Lower Abs
- Hip Flexors
Make It Impossible To Fail
Knowing what exercises will help you achieve awesome results is important if you want to change your body. But knowing HOW and WHEN to do them are even more important.
On top of that, having someone keep you accountable so you ACTUALLY do the training needed to attain your goals is probably the most important thing people overlook when they decide they want to earn a body that they will love.
If you look in the mirror and know in your heart that you are ready to begin making amazing changes to achieve an awesome body, it is time for you to get someone in your corner that is dedicated to your success.
My online fitness coaching system gives you support, knowledge and accountability every step along the way to your goals.
Want to burn pounds of body fat?
Want to finally get a bad-ass physique?
Apply for a coaching consultation so we can see if you are a good fit for a fitness program.
It is completely free but is a necessary step in creating awesome changes.Apply For Consultation