If Wal-Mart Has Taught Us One Thing…
It’s never too early to get nutty about the holidays.
If Wal-mart and Best Buy can already start advertising for Christmas, I can start getting you ready to survive the caloric onslaught that is Thanksgiving.
This will surprise no one: We eat way too much shit during the holidays for a variety of reasons. I’m not gonna lie. Most of the eating I do around the holidays is due to guilt. I can’t stand to break the heart of my dear aunt Suzie (not my real aunt), so why not, i’ll shovel another helping of her crazy tasting casserole down my face hole to spare her feelings. But i’m the one dealing with the empty calories (that go straight to my ass). Doesn’t sound fair, right?
And here’s the thing. Those calories add up. So why not start turning our bodies into lean, calorie burning machines in anticipation of all of the empty calories we are going to consume when we spend times with family and friends this holiday season?
Get Leaner, Develop A Faster Metabolism
The leaner you are, the more efficient your body will be at burning calories, so try this kick-ass circuit during any of your workouts this month to torch some extra body fat.
Also, utilize it during the holidays in between bouts of stuffing your face to help prevent ruining all the hard work you are doing in the gym!
Killer Fat Burn Circuit
Perform 3-4 rounds of the following circuit to kill a ton of calories during any workout. Do not rest as you transition from exercise to exercise.
Once you have finished a circuit, rest 70-90 seconds before beginning it again!
Spiderman Pushups (from feet or knees)
Perform: 10 reps
[kad_youtube url=”https://youtu.be/NdMwQmWFo0M” ]
– Assume the top of the push up position with your hands slightly wider than your shoulders, your legs and back straight and your core tight.
– Lower your body slowly to the ground until your chest is 2-3 inches from the ground. As you lower your body, pull one knee up to your ribs.
– Time it up so that your knee reaches your ribs as your body approaches the bottom of the push up
– Push yourself up until your arms are straight. As you push your body up, return your leg to the starting position
– Repeat and alternate which knee you pull up toward your body
– If needed, entire exercise can be modified by executing it from a kneeling position
Alternating Split Squat Jumps
Perform: 10 reps each leg
[kad_youtube url=”https://youtu.be/VFuitXWrwO0″ ]
– Start in a staggered position with your feet 2-3 feet apart (this will vary depending on how long your legs are)
– Lower your body by bending both knees, similarly to how you would lower your body during a lunge
– When your back knee is 0-2 inches from the ground (you can touch the ground if you want, its up to you), push off of the ground with both legs and explode up into the air
– While in the air, switch the positioning of your legs so that your back leg is forward and your forward leg is back
– As you land, proceed right into the next repetion by repeating the exercise
Lateral DB Shoulder Raises
Perform: 12 reps
[kad_youtube url=”https://youtu.be/ZWVdvxEH9P0″ ]
– Stand with your feet hip-width and 2 dumbbells resting at your sides
– While keeping your arms straight and your palms pointing downward, lift both arms up to the side until they are just above shoulder height
– Slowly lower weights back to your sides
Angled Jump Backs
Perform: 10 reps (each side)
[kad_youtube url=”https://youtu.be/LirEKth5OoI” ]
– Start in the top-push up position
– Jump both knees up toward your chest
– Jump both legs diagonally backward at a 45 degree angle and then jump them back up to your chest
– Jump both legs diagonally backward at the other 45 degree angle and then jump them back up to your chest
REST: 70-90 seconds (thank God)
Repeat: 2-3 more times depending on how dead you feel
Go Forth, And Crush It!
Feel free to perform this circuit on it’s own (it’s a killer) or add it into any of your current workout programs. If you have any questions about how to handle the holidays without putting on fat, leave a comment and i’ll get you an effective answer!
As always, if you have any fitness or nutrition related questions, please leave a comment and I will respond to you, ASAP!